Brother Designio DZ820E: Embroidered Pockets

Posted by on May 20, 2014 at 8:31 am.

My mother had asked me to dress up one of her plain white skirts. Not surprisingly, she requested that I embroider flowers on the skirt. She loves flowers.  Initially, she wanted the flowers placed near the bottom, but I told her it might appear better if they were embroidered onto the pockets.

The machine embroidery was done on my Brother Designio DZ820E. It’s an upgrade from my old embroidery machine the Brother SE400. I’ve had this machine for almost a month and am really pleased with it thus far. To make it less of a headache, I used a seam ripper to remove the pockets. I hooped the pocket and started embroidering.

Machine Embroidery Roses - 05.20.14

This was a fun machine embroidery project. This design comes from Urban Threads and is called, Parisian Rose.

This above flower simulates a watercolor painting. While stitching, I didn’t like it as much, but once it was finished I liked how it looked.  It was a simple stitch out, only consisting of 9,609 stitches.

Machine Embroidery Roses scrollwork - 05.20.14

I love how this machine embroidered design looks. It’s also from Urban Threads and is called Thorny Tangle.

This was a long stitch out, it took over four hours to complete. It consists of 31,158 stitches. The hardest part for me, is choosing the embroidery thread.

I’ll have to take a picture of how this looks on my mother’s skirt. It really looks nice! Later today, I most likely will be doing some applique with my Brother ScanNCut machine. My Brother ScanNCut is supposed to arrive later today!

3 Comments

Trackbacks / Pingbacks

CommentLuv badge