Aloe vera can be traced back to over 6000 years. Egyptians depicted the aloe plant on carvings. Aloe vera is a natural remedy, and its used to treat a variety of conditions. Because of aloe vera’s anti-inflammatory properties, it is effective in treating conditions such as sun burns. Aloe vera gel can be extracted directly from the plant or it can be purchased at many health food stores, drugstores, and online stores.
Aloe Vera Soothes Sunburns
- Sunburns usually effects large areas of the skin. Redness, itching, swelling, scaling, and pain are all symptoms of a sunburn and can leave an individual feeling miserable. Reduce the pain from a sunburn by applying aloe vera juice to sunburned skin. Aloe vera gel or juice is an ingredient that can be found in many sunburn products. Apply aloe vera juice to the affected skin several times daily.
- Teeth require daily cleaning. We brush them several times daily to remove the plaque, food, and bacteria that can be trapped inside the mouth. Finding a suitable toothpaste is essential in maintaining healthy teeth. Toothpastes with aloe vera juice is as effective as other toothpastes. According to a study published in PubMed, it protects against Candida albicans, Enterococcus faecalis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Peptostreptococcus anaerobius, Prevotella intermedia, and Streptococcus mutans.
- Fast paced lifestyles, stress, medication, and poor eating habits are a few causes of constipation. Aloe vera is recognized for its stool softening properties. Aloe also contains a powerful compound called aloin. Aloin is a powerful compound containing strong laxative properties that helps treat constipation. Taking 150 mg of dried aloe vera juice is effective as laxatives, according to the Mayo Clinic.
Aloe Vera Promotes Dental Health
Aloe Vera Can Help Eliminate Constipation
- Mayo Clinic: Aloe (Aloe Vera)
- PubMed: Comparative evaluation of the antimicrobial efficacy of aloe vera tooth gel and two popular commercial toothpastes: An in vitro study. George D et. Al 2009 May- June
- National Center For Complimentary and Alternative Medicine
This post was written in advance, since I’m away for the Thanksgiving holidays. I won’t be checking my personal mail. My holidays are spent taking a break from everything technology related. I’ll be back soon, and will respond to comments, and visit your virtual homes.